10 Minute Tips Guaranteed to Turn You into a Big-Eyed Beauty
Are big-eyed girls the envy of your life? Well, you are not alone. Very, very few of us are blessed with eyes naturally big and beautiful enough to make heads turn even if they may have just washed their faces. For the rest of us, there’s dear old make-up.
We share some tried-and-tested tips for those who’ve always dreamt of having large eyes. Right application of these tips can help create the illusion of eyes as big as the ocean!
Use Eyeliner Tactfully
- Draw a line as close to your upper lashes as possible with a fine pencil. It would be useful to have a well-sharpened pencil, or a thin brush if you opt for the liquid eyeliner.
- Don’t go for a very thick line; it will be counter-effective, making your eyes look even smaller.
- The eyeliner should not be too dark as it will highlight the smallness of your eyes even more. Very dark shades of black like jet black, for example, should be swapped for dark browns, or charcoal grey-colored eyeliner.
- If the eyeliner line is too defined, which is usually the case if you use liquid eyeliner, smudge it a little to give a more natural feel.
- Be careful about lining the lower lid. Do not use a liner or pencil in a dark shade, or even the same shade as what you’ve applied on the upper lid. Choose a light shade to brighten up and open the eyes. Some people even recommend white eyeliner on the lower lid to make eyes look bigger. Line the lower lid very sparingly, neatly and carefully because a smudged up lower lid in a dark shade will end up making your eyes look smaller. You may even forgo lining the lower lid altogether.
Go For Light Eyeshades
- For eye shadows, choose a lighter shade for the entire eye lid. Darker shades ought to be used towards the outer edges of the eye, or the outer part of the crease of the eye. A light-colored eye shade will help make your eyes more prominent.
- Blend eye shadows well. There’s nothing more unbecoming than poorly applied eye shadow which shows distinctly different-colored areas. Invest in a good eyeshadow blender brush to ensure the colors you use gel in well.
Don’t Ignore The Brows
- Brows should be well-trimmed and shaped properly since there’s nothing that makes you look as sophisticated as neat-looking brows. Though thinner brows help create the illusion of bigger eyes, don’t go too thin as it may end up looking unnatural. Very thin brows do not look good on those with prominent brow bones either.
Embrace the Mascara
- And the eyelash curler too! This is a surefire way of really making your eyes look big as naturally as possible. Apply a few strokes on your upper lashes, though you may skimp with minimal or no mascara on the lower lashes. Use a curler for that dramatic, feminine effect that will totally brighten up your eyes.
Follow our tips and you’ll be all set to bat your lashes and make heads turn with your killer eyes!