Hair Cut That Will Get You Noticed (For All The Right Reasons!)
Whenever people would talk about their face shape, I would wonder how they knew what their exact face shape was and how they figured out what would look good on them. One day while watching a styling show on TV I learnt that in order to determine your face shape you should stand in front of a mirror armed with a lipstick.
Peering into your reflection you should start drawing an outline of your face with the lipstick on the mirror. Once you have drawn an outline across the reflection of your face you will be able to clearly see if in fact your face is round, oval, squared, or heart-shaped.
If you still aren’t convinced, ask your hairdresser for help but be clear that not every style will automatically suit you. You need to know what look you can carry off and what look will complement your personality also. No point getting an edgy, short, spiky hairdo when you’re the studious, silent, shy type.
- If you have a round face, do not go for a chin length cut as that will only add volume where you want it the least. The longer your hair, the more length they will add to your face, and textures and layer will give you shape in the right areas. For people with very round faces and/or large foreheads the best option is a side sweeping bang to give a little definition to the face.
- Wearing your hair in a long sleek hairstyle isn’t the smartest thing to do if you have a long face. Opt for mid length hair with some volume; curls are a great way to make your face look rounder and give it some texture. Fringes suit most long faces but be careful about going too short with a fringe as that will only make your face look narrower.
- If you have an oval face then you’re in luck. This is the most versatile face cut and can carry off almost any style, which is why you shouldn’t be afraid to experiment. Layered dos look as good as short cropped styles, but stay away from chin length cuts as they add unnecessary roundness.
- A square face means that the widest part of your face is from ear to ear. In such a situation stay away from jaw length cuts or anything shorter than that. Rather than adding layers, keep your hair one length to elongate your face and try a center parting for a super flattering look.
- Mid length hair with an off center parting are ideal for heart-shaped faces. You should stay away from very edgy, cropped haircuts as they add too many angles to the face. Instead add texture, soft layers and curls to soften the face and make it look rounder. A fringe or geometric bob will only make you look harsh.
Grab a lipstick and start drawing. Once you know what your face shape is you will be able to pick out a great new look for yourself, and after getting these tips you will be able to guide others too. So revamp your look and strut your stuff!