Everyday Make up Routine for 16-year Olds
Wearing makeup in high school can be a lot of fun. You’re growing up and experimenting with the various colorful products can not only make you look pretty, but make for some cheerful time too.
Yet, do it the wrong way and you’re all set to look like a clowned-up teen. At this age, you have to keep the youthfulness and innocence alive on your face and not mask it up completely with make-up. Otherwise, wanna-be Aunt Suzanne would be in the making!
Keep it light, fresh and simple-looking with these steps.
- Apply a layer of moisturizer evenly over your face. Use one with SPF so it gives you some sun protection too. You don’t need to use foundation as it gives a very heavy look. If you prefer some shade, a tinted moisturizer can do the trick. Don’t wear something too oily-looking though.
- Use a concealer, but only if you have to. If you are one of the lucky ones blessed with clear, beautiful skin, there’s no need to mask the natural glow. Hide zits, dark spots, etc with just a dab of concealer.
- Color up your cheeks very subtly with blush. Make the pinky glow as faint as when you pinch your cheeks. Anything darker will look too done for an everyday look.
- Work up the eyes with a thin coat or two of mascara. No long-lash or super-heavy products will be suitable here.
- Use eye-liner very carefully. You don’t want to have the Goth look with a very thick layer. Apply a very thin line to make it look as natural as possible. Many people choose not to wear an eyeliner altogether. If that works for you, that should be fine too.
- Complete the look with a lip gloss. Go for a natural-looking shade and a texture that lasts and isn’t too shiny for a natural look.
Now go out and flaunt your natural look. These steps are easy enough to be done in a few minutes every day, and make you look naturally stunning too. Remember, never go overboard with makeup for the everyday look.