Tips For A Size 16′s Homecoming Dinner Outfit
Have a homecoming dinner coming up? Want to impress everyone? Well, deciding on a look for any event is hard enough, but zeroing in to the best possible outfit for an event as important as the homecoming dinner can sometimes seem like an uphill task.
This event is an opportunity for you to shine, and for new beginnings. It is your chance to get away from your hectic lifestyle, enjoy some precious moments with loved ones, and be reminded once again of the little joys of life. Obviously you have to look great doing it.
Such a monumental event calls for a superb outfit. The look for your homecoming dinner needs to be effortlessly chic, sophisticated yet fun, and comfortable but fashionable.
Big Is Beautiful
You don’t have to be petite and skinny to look fabulous in any outfit. A curvaceous, shapely body of a size 16 woman is just as beautiful as any other, and if dressed properly you can look as good as anyone else. Instead of looking at your size critically, you need to embrace your body and be proud of it.
You should leave all inhibitions and insecurities at the door and get ready to sport a stunning outfit for your homecoming dinner. Whether you were the popular girl in school or the one whose name people didn’t remember, you can be rest assured that you too can look like a star. Trust me, this time people will never forget you.
Homecoming: Here I Come!
- The first thing you have to do is understand your body type and identify your best assets. Work your look around your best features; venture a little out of your comfort zone but not so much that you feel uncomfortable. Go with what appeals to you and fits your personality.
- Know which colors suit your skin tone and hair color.
- Take some time out to get a gorgeous manicure and pedicure, and preferably a facial. There is no substitute for fresh, glowing skin.
Your look for the homecoming dinner has to be a showstopper. I would definitely suggest a dress for this occasion. Dress pants and skirts should be left for a more casual night out.
- Opt for a lace dress or one that has lace incorporated in it. This way you can show skin in a seductive yet alluring way.
- If you are top heavy, be careful about how much cleavage you show. A V neckline frames the bust beautifully.
- The length of your dress depends on what you are comfortable with and of course, your age. Stay away from super short dresses unless you feel confident enough to pull that look off.
- Try to stay away from bows, too much detailing and puffy fabric only adds volume where you want it the least. I would also suggest that you avoid design elements on the chest area.
- A solid color dress is definitely the way to go. Try a tangy yellow if you want to make a bold statement or go with subtle lavender for a more laid back look. Black and white is still the classic route, while nudes are very much in style.
- You can choose from silks and chiffons. It might be a good idea to avoid taffeta and satin, as one adds unnecessary volume while the other clings to expose those bulges we all try to hide.
- If you really want to impress, go for a sequined one-shoulder dress. Remember to either go with a body hugging dress to show off all those curves, or a flowing design that moves away from the body.
Take inspiration from celebrities like Oprah, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Coolidge and beautiful plus sized models such as Tara Lynn & Robyn Lawley. Put on some stylish high heels and a cocktail ring, do your hair, grab a clutch in a contrasting color, put some final touches to your make-up and you’re ready for a great night out.