That Pop Of Color! – Fearless Neon Is The New Trend For Fashionistas This Year
Step aside, minimalists. This is the year of embracing something loud and bold like a punchy pink, loud lemon or bright fluorescent orange. We’ve seen it at the ramps lately, and by some designers it is being considered a force to reckon with in the industry. Want to try the neon look? Read on.
50 Shades Of Neon!
There’s such a huge color palette when it comes to neon that restricting it to a select few is just not fair. There’s bright yellow and eye-popping red; then there’s a screaming bright violet, or a piercing royal blue. There are just thousands of neon shades that designers and celebrities have been recently propagating. Even pastel neons such as mint green are quite the trend.
House of Holland flaunted a bright yellow for the coming season’s trend, Oscar de la Renta and Osman had bright pink in their preferred palette for the year, while Simone Rocha did it with neon green. Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry and Ashley Green are some celebrities telling us, ‘hey man, neon is the way to go this season!
Everything And Anything In Neon
Who says it’s just the dress that has to be fluorescent? Girls today are taking neon by fire, in anything that can do with some color. You can find a mid-aged lady in neon denim on the subway, or a young girl driving in an icy-blue fluorescent jacket. There are electric pink skirts to flaunt, or water-melon orange-pink blouses to trot around in. Even high-heeled pumps or ballet flats, or necklaces, neon-trimmed clutches and bracelets in bright neon hues have become quite popular.
How To Wear Neon
Getting that right look when wearing neon, without looking like a tarted up rainbow, is quite an art. Follow these suggestions to get that balanced look:
- Wear one bright shade at a time.
- Opt for a good fit with a neon blouse, skirt, dress or pants.
- With a single clothing or accessory in neon, keep everything else simple.
- Pair neon with a neutral shade like grey, beige, black, or white.
- Denim and neon make a great combination.
- Try on different shades to see which ones work best for your body and complexion.
When In Doubt About Makeup, Go Neon…
No, those vibrant shades don’t have to be limited to your wardrobe only. You can work it up with some makeup too. Most commonly, neon makeup helps jazz up the nails and eyes (yes, a neon blush-on is simply OUT OF BOUNDS!!). While neon nails are fairly easy to do , doing the eye makeup can be tricky, unless you follow these tips:
- Use a white base to make neon eye shade look more vibrant.
- Stick to natural tones for the rest of the face.
- If you don’t want to look a bit too bold, go for a neon eye liner and no eye shade.
- Yellow, blue, pink and orange are the best shades for a neon makeup.
Remember, the best trick to flaunt any neon dress, accessory or makeup is a positive, confident attitude. So smile, walk tall and rock that neon look this season!