The Right Outfit Means The Perfect Date!
There’s something so magical about going on a first date. Or even a second, third, fourth, or umpteenth date with the person you love. And in order to preserve that fairy tale romance, every girl wants to dress her part and look absolutely stunning for Prince Charming. Fretting how would you get that perfect look with the right outfit and accessory choices? Don’t worry; let’s walk you through some tips on dressing up most beautifully for date night.
Know the Venue
Where are you meeting your date will be an essential determinant of what you’ll wear. If your friend has set you up with a guy at a wedding, then dressing formally will be necessity, especially if it’s an evening event. If, however, you are meeting someone casually at a café or bar, then going smart casual is the way to go.
Dress for the Season
Layering up when it is 100F outside will just make a fool out of you. Similarly, a barely clad, shivering woman in snow is someone who’ll be pitied rather than admired. So make sure your outfit doesn’t contrast with the season. Tailored jackets, tights, full-sleeved form-fitting cardigans are a good winter attire. Meanwhile, sundresses, lighter colors, slightly loose tops work well for summers.
Go for a Good Fit
Shabby, loose clothing will badly destroy your look. Therefore, it’s important that you choose something that fits you well and highlights your silhouette rather than hide it completely. Similarly, anything too tight doesn’t mean a good fit either. An outfit that fits you well should skim your figure and not hug it too tight; just enough to show off the shape and not strangle you.
Don’t wear these…
When it comes to your first date, it’s best to play it safe. That’s why, avoid these clothes:
- Harem pants: Guys tend to dislike these quite a lot
- Revealing clothes: They’ll make you look like you’re trying too hard, and also give a ‘trashy’ look
- Overalls or jumpsuits: Jumpsuits may be in, but the loose fit will not do your figure justice
- Frilly outfits: Less is more is the general rule for frills of any kind
- Very high heels: You want to look comfortable, without tripping over!
- Oversized jewelry: Simple and elegant should be the look when it comes to jewelry
Some Outfit Suggestions
Feeling overwhelmed by the loads of information and tips? Then stick to some of these options that we believe will work well for your date:
- Printed sundress with peep-toe kitten heel pumps and a chain clutch
- Skinny jeans, tailored blazer over a dressy top, classic black boots and a stylish leather handbag
- Chic pencil skirt with silken blouse, classic suede pumps and a simple clutch
- Skinny jeans with a simple tee, a well-fitted cardigan, and knee-length boots
Remember that most boys aren’t even aware of the latest fashion, and experimenting new trends on a first date is never a good idea. Stick to something safe and decent, and that you are comfortable in.